ohhh wahhh wee wahhh, what a week it has been! Soo busy- not to complain, but I still am never ready for that 1st day back to work after you've been on vacation for a while. The change of pace really gets you. I can't say its a 0-60 kinda thing, because I feel like I was busy over the break too. I guess its just that my to-do list doubles when I go back to work & then the kids just have sooo much energy & you must keep up with them! I also babysat 3 days this week after school & had a meeting! I think 2014 is going to be a busy year for me!!! But I am more excited for the new year more so this year than usual, and I am not really sure why...
Any who, heres 5 things that I want to Accomplish in 2014 :)
1. Learn French! Oui, oui! my friend Tricia and I have decided to learn french together this year! Her husband and family is French and then my boyfriend also speaks (a little) French and I've been wanting to learn a language so it seemed like the perfect choice! We are using Rosetta Stone and I absolutely love it. Your learning a language completely different than you did in high school. Its more of associating words with images, and then teaching you grammar. The same way you learn a language naturally as an toddler. Im not having to do any memorization (yet), so these note cards I bought haven't been put to use. But I do feel like I am learning! I will of course keep you updated! Hopefully all this learning will result in a trip to France, being that next on my list is...
2. Travel- near-&-far! I have many trips in mind for Chris and I this year. We will just have to see if my wallet is as big as my dream vacations are! :) I have been researching on the web and pinterest about traveling on a budget though!
3. Live it up & write it down! Aka: Adventure and Blog more!!! One thing I did come better about in 2013 was making the most of my off time. I can be a workaholic. It often becomes hard for me to separate myself from my job, when my job and hobby are the same thing practically. It can become exhausting. Traveling, adventuring, blogging is all another outlet for me outside of creating something. Although in a way I am still creating- Im creating my own little personal space on the interwebs right?! And with my DIY projects, in a way I am still teaching....hmmm, what can I say- when you have a calling you have a calling.
4. Live a more healthy, balanced, and simplified lifestyle. I know, this is something that everyone says, but I feel like this year I am more serious than I have been in the past about balancing work & play. I am turning 25 in less than a month and I am not having a quarter life crisis. Im actually proud to finally be 25! Its great! I'm just starting to feel more like an adult and starting to realize the importance of taking care of myself and balancing my life, work and even my checkbook!!!! " I'm a big girl now!" haha
5. And that leads us right into number 5, Getting better control of my finances. I am now going into my 3rd year at my current job, and looking back on all the good times- but money that is gone! I can not say that I regret it- but moving forward, I would like to be more responsible and even start planing for the future! hah I do not know why I find this concept amusing, I guess laughing my way through theses grown up decisions is the only way the kid in me gets through! :)
While we are on the topic of 5 things, I will leave you with 5 things I got in the mail Thursday! Lets call them early birthday gifts to myself!
1. Vincent Van Gogh Starry Night socks
2. Frida Kahlo Self Portrait Socks
3. Born to Blog: Building your Blog for Personal and Business Success (only the foolish don't learn from those who have done it before them)
4. Envelope macbook air laptop case
5. Apple Basket Purse
Happy Weekend everybody!
Paint with me :
Let's be Friends!
Currently on the Gram :