Hi yuh Friends!
If you are a hot mess express like myself, then if things don't have a place, chances are- they may, or may not get lost! heh. This is the case with my photographs from my Fuji Instax camera. I find these phots all over the place, and usually in the bottom of a purse somewhere. Taking 40+ insta pictures while in Brazil, I wanted to make sure that when I got back, I had a safe place to keep all of these pictures.
Over Christmas time I bought a couple of new mugs from Starbucks and they came in these cute little red boxes. I saved both of them, as I figured they'd make great storage. When I got back from Brazil, this is where I put my photos + the money I had saved.
I decided my box needed a makeover though. Follow the pictures below to see how I made it!
***Remember, if you make one of my D.I.Y.'s or you make one that you think I'd love, tag your photo on Instagram with #iliketoARThard so that I can see it!
1. First I primed my box with flat white acrylic paint.
2. After the white paint was dried, I used the acrylic paints to paint the box to look like the A Beautiful Mess App logo
3. Then I used mode-podge to add glitter to the center of the camera.
4. Then I added modged-podge to all of the outside of the box.
5. I traced the box onto the silver glitter paper, to line the inside of the box. The paper I used was peal + stick, so no glue necessary.
Once everything dries, your done! I am soo happy with how mine turned out : )
***Tip : Only add modge-podge to the center of the camera/the parts that you want the glitter one first. Sprinkle glitter. Then add a layer of modge-podge on top of the glitter. Let it dry. This will set the glitter in place, and stop you from spreading the glitter everywhere....unless thats what you want! ;-p
Psst! : Don't forget to use the code myfriendcourt15 with Casetify to get 15% off your cell phone case order with them, you have until March 1st!
Paint with me :
Let's be Friends!
Currently on the Gram :