A Casual Summer Dress with a couple of accessories is all a gal needs to feel 'pulled' together (with very little effort) in the hot summer heat! This fun floral print caftan is one of my go-to frocks to dress up or dress down. ( I was gonna say 'from the beach to the streets' but I wasn't sure if that made it sound like a street walker dress, which is not what I mean -hehe-)
I love this summer dress because it is comfy but also because it reminds me so much of the Mumus my grandmother would sashay around the house in, smokin' her long Virginia Slims and wearing her over sized shades. So chic, so nostalgic. Channeling my inner hip 'ole grannie!
I actually got this dress last year (possibly the year before) from (where else) Target, paired with a belt also from Target and a StudiOH, Shoppe! clutch in the same colors for a little pattern on pattern action. And then keepin' it simple with slip on clogs .
Shop this look
- Dress: Target : similar Blue Caftan style dress from Etsy (just found this shop, LOVE)
- Belt : Target : similar braided belt
- Sunglasses : Urban Outfitters : similar round sunnies
- Handmade clutch : StudiOh, Shoppe!
- Tassel for handbag : StudiOH, Shoppe!
- Clogs : Black Swedish Hasbeens Clogs
- Leather wrap bracelet : Claire Magnolia
Here is a picture of me wearing the caftan dress unbelted last summer. (RIP pink hair!)
Paint with me :
Let's be Friends!
Currently on the Gram :