Two hollars for Friday!!! I know y'all are thinking, 'what does she care, she's on her summer vacay?!' However, there is a lot to look forward to this weekend!
Today, Pickle, Olive and I have a mommy/doggie play date with a new friend! Who is also crafty/fellow art teacher in the area, so we will be trying our hand at macrame and loom weaving. If it goes well- expect a blog post with pictures! Heck, if it goes bad I'll probably still post about it!! Hehe.
And tomorrow night, my big sister and I got VIP tickets to go see K A T Y P E R R Y !!! Y'all, I am so excited. I was never much of a 'boy band' girl, I've always been a girls-girls. Lets just say, I don't think I've been this excited since the Spice Girls. I even made a 'Katy Perry' like dress to wear and I may or may not be chalking [adding a bright color to] my hair. [There will be L O T S of pictures]
A L S O, starting tomorrow- for two days only is the Indie Craft Experience [Summer] Craft Market! My friend from I.C.E. reached out to me to help promote the event, as they thought my readers may be interested, and I happily agreed too! I am not sure if you have ever been to one of their weekend pop-up shops or bigger events they have through out the year- like this, but it truly is an experience! There are SOOO many beautiful and yummy things there, that you need to exercise real self-control, and probably bring a friend to help remind you that you can't really afford everything! If you have a love for handmade, home grown, or vintage things this is for YOU! Over the past couple of years I have gotten so many cool gifts, stationary, (a weenie dog) pillow, and art!
They have some of the vendors listed on their website here, if you would like to get a feel for what will be there. I thought I'd put together a list of 5 vendors that I am looking forward to seeing there and I hope too see you there too! Let my know if your planning on going!
1. Doux South - OKAY, don't go getting all judge-y and grossed out on me. I used to think that anything other than a pickle- pickled was weird. Long story short, I lost a bet to a friend once and ended up trying a spicy pickled egg.....and LOVED it. After that, I was fearless, and will try [almost] anything pickled (I am vegetarian- so that takes a lot of the gross things out of the category). Sooo, moral of the story: 'Don't knock it, until you try it', and go try yo'self some of these!
2. Any time I see So Worth Loving around town, it immediately puts a smile on my face. Be it, seeing the logo on someones tee shirt, or seeing the SWL family at an event like this- its comforting to know your around someone(s) who share the love and message of SWL! Check them out this weekend and on their website here! And the girl boss behind it all, Eryn Eddy!
3. r-ki-tekt- I found this cute little lady on instagram a while back, and when I saw her post pictures of her necklaces and I just thought that they were soo cute, simple, and catchy! Right up my alley! Her shop as been one of those things that I just keep seeing around (on the web) lately, so I will be happy to finally see her fun pieces in real life!
4. Yours is the Earth is this really cute paper goods/ stationary company, that seem to specialize in wedding stationary and they once again, just have the cutest, simple, catchy designs. I love the succulent ones the best. If you are in the market for this kind of thing, I suggest checking out their site!
5. Roundabout Shop - So if you know me, or have been a reader for a while, you'd know that I always have a journal/sketch pad with me. And that I hate writing on paper with lines, and when I have to- I just pretend like they aren't there, because making my hand writing fit inside the lines makes it look worse! (tangent) Anywho, Last summer I bought one of these Roundabout re-purposed book journals at a craft event like this. I loved that journal soooo much, I even posted about it here! So, you can bet your bottom dollar I will be picking myself up another one of these puppies!
Well I hope everyone has a great Friday and that you have a wonderful weekend! Let me know what your up to!
Paint with me :
Let's be Friends!
D.I.Y. : Eyeball Clutch
#OWWWA : Frank Stella
Currently on the Gram :